Our Year 8’s undertake the William Pike Challenge. To successfully complete the challenge over the course of the year students must undertake:
- 5 off-site outdoor activities that are challenging in nature
- 20 hours of community service in order to give back to the community
- 20 hours of a passion project that is completely new to the student
The outcomes of the William Pike Challenge are:
- Increased capability, resilience and connectedness.
- Increased participation in the outdoors.
- Increase sense of belonging and connectedness to home, school and community.
- Increased student focus and direction while at a formative stage of life.
- Increased ability to deal with difficult situations and overcome challenges.
- Increased decision making skills.
- Increased opportunity to lead a healthy lifestyle.